Sunday, November 18, 2012

Question 2 (Scientific Research)


When I was a child, I thought I could get behind the sun if I just went far enough. Whenever my family and I went on a long drive or on a trip, I would stare up at the sun and wait for our car to pass it. It took me a little while to learn, mostly through school and science class, that my ambition was impossible. I had been looking at the sun as if it was a coin in the sky with a front and a back to it that could be seen depending on where you were in relation to it. Through reading and learning more about scientific research, I found out that the sun is sphericala giant ball of fire in our solar system and that Earth revolves around it.  Therefore it doesn't matter where you go on the planet; you will never be able to see the front and then the back of the sun. This is but one of many ways in which scientific research has changed the way I see the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment