Sunday, April 15, 2012

Question 1 (Friendship Site)

I thought that the friendship page was a decent place to find simple information to help relationships and I was pleased to see that there was an actual website for such things. However, I couldn’t help but notice that the book was significantly more insightful and all together helpful for me. The friendship page, in my opinion, seemed to be working with a general idea of what friendship is and as such it provided easy answers and solutions. Interpersonal Communication: Everyday Encounters was much more in depth. It explained how friendships begin, the stages they go through, and even what’s necessary to keep them strong. The friendship page did mention some similar challenges that were presented in this chapter. For example, it addressed the issue of developing romantic feelings for one of your friends and how to deal with it. Aside from that, I didn’t see it addressing any of the other challenges for friendship that were mentioned in chapter ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment