Sunday, April 15, 2012

Development of Friendship

A concept that I found to be particularly interesting in this chapter was the development of friendship. I liked how the book broke it down to six different stages which were role limited interaction, friendly relations, moving toward friendship, nascent friendship, stabilized frienship and finally waning friendship.I thought the last stage was enlightening. I never realized how easily a friendship can come a part. I guess I always thought the only way for a friendship to end is with a big fight or disagreement. I didn't consider that a friendship could end just as easily by not having enough time for one another. I can now see that there are some friendships in my life that are approaching the waning stage. Between college, work, and family, I just havent has much time for my old friends. I hope there is still enough time for me to fix these relationships and get them back on track.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the last part of your blog comment. A lot of my failed friendships or relationships were from arguments or disagreements, which led us to going our separate ways in life. Now in my last year in college, I may have lost or in the process of losing some friendships based on not having the time for one another, which can be the case in your senior year as you are looking into getting a full time job after graduation and maybe graduate school admissions, and maybe looking into moving far away. Same as you, I tend to be busy with school, work, internships, and occasional family obligations, which may be leading to the waning stage with certain people in my life.

    ReplyDelete