Sunday, September 30, 2012

Question 1 (Strengths)


Identifying your strengths is important in choosing a career because, despite what you may want, not every career option is a suitable one. My strengths have always been compassion and empathy. I’ve always been able to easily put myself into someone else’s shoes and see the situation from their point of view. I’ve tried, when arguing with someone, to see it their way first and see if I can find some sort of common ground. More often than not I am able to find something we can both agree on. I think this is a valuable strength to have when pursuing a career in creative writing. An author who wrote a novel in which every character shared his qualities and way of thinking would likely have a difficult time selling it. You need to be able to step outside of yourself and into the mind of another in order to create a truly dynamic character. 

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed how you made this comment personal and gave us your thinking type. I am much like you. I am very personal and enjoy looking at other people's side of the argument. I like figuring out problems and putting myself in other people's shoes. It sometimes backfires because I become too emotionally invested in people and make their problems my problems. Regardless, I think you would do well as a psychologist. A creative writer would also be good. You can use your own situations and other people's situations to make really good pieces of arts. Keep on the good work and I wish you the best!

    -Greekguy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy the personality in your writing; you definitely make me feel like I'm getting to know you. I agree that it is best to see situations from every perspective. Especially if you are in an argument, you need to make sure that you have considered the perspective that they are coming from. It’s always a good feeling when you can come to some sort of common ground with the other person. Instead of one person succeeding in their way, the two can try and meet half way and learn to compensate. As you stated, it is necessary to step out of your tunnel vision and take a look through someone else’s eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choosing a career is definitely vital to one’s life. I believe if you love something and have passion for it that go for it. The test of an assetment my be a guidance tool for those who don’t know what career choice to pick. I think that being happy will beat money. For the heart knows what makes a person really happy. I talk about passion because I believe in that more than anything. Sorry I drifted a little of course yet I am glad you find it interesting to be opened-minded. This really goes a long way when showing compassion and empathy. Thank you for the read…

    ReplyDelete